Improving efficiency is something every business strives for—especially within the healthcare industry. It’s always been important for every industry to be as productive as possible within the shortest timeframe possible, but efficiency is more than just money and time. It’s also about preserving quality, and providing the highest quality of care to your patients in a way that is both cost and time effective is truly the name of the game.
And modern technology is making it easier than ever.
Below are 5 trends in healthcare technology that can save you time and money while giving your patients not only quality treatment within the office, but also a greater sense of control over their own wellness in their daily lives. Current healthcare technology is more amazing than ever, and both your patients and your practice can benefit from adopting some of the newest gadgets out there.
- Advantages Clinic – This tool by Versus Technology is designed to track patient flow within your office. This is the ultimate tool for improving office efficiency. The Advantages Clinic is a patient flow software system that will keep track of patient wait times, patient statuses (ready to be seen, with physician, etc.), room statuses, etc. Most importantly, this software tool tracks this information and allows you to analyze it and isolate trends, review issues and bottlenecks, and then make changes that will improve the efficiency of your practice.
- Fluency Direct speech recognition tool – With new legislation in place requiring healthcare professionals to keep detailed Electronic Health Records (EHR), this technological marvel is a welcome addition to the healthcare scene. The device, made by M*Modal, utilizes a cloud-based system and a front-end speech recognition platform that allows healthcare professionals to speak into the device and find EHR documentation added quickly to the patient’s file—no extra time for typing needed. The rest of the time can be devoted to your patients, instead of expending the time—which adds up—to getting the files updated.
- Patient Payment Estimator – This payment solution tool is offered by NTC Texas and provides practices with the ability to verify patient responsibility and monitor patient payment plans for those needing to cover co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, or self-pay options. Practices can gain full access to a system that allows for uploading and updating a customized payment schedule, allowing your patients to keep track of their self-pay portion and allowing your practice to establish the right expectations up front. You can give your patients options and make it easier for both staff and patients to manage their roles.
- PEAK Fitness Watch – For those medical professionals who want more information on certain patients, for patients who desire more information about their overall wellness, or for patients who are dealing with chronic medical issues, this tool is ideal. The PEAK Fitness Watch can monitor heart rate, sleep duration, REM sleep, deep sleep, tosses and turns, and gives an overall sleep score. The watch also allows for communication through text messaging and for goal setting and tracking. It’s a well-rounded tool designed to constantly monitor a patient’s overall health, one that both professionals and patients can benefit from.
- AsthmaAlly App – An especially useful development in medical technology has actually been developed by OSIA Medical and allows for chronic asthma sufferers to better manage their symptoms. The AsthmaAlly is actually an app than can be downloaded for free. It allows patients to connect with their doctors, determine what factors might actually be triggering symptoms or attacks, monitor potential triggers within the area, keep a day-to-day log of symptoms, etc. For those who have struggled with asthma and dealt regularly with more severe symptoms, this tool can make avoiding triggers and tracking trends much easier—potentially increasing their overall quality of life.
There are even more amazing tools available for both doctors and patients in the world of modern healthcare technology trends. There are software options, hardware options, portability tools, and efficiency tools in all shapes and sizes. After you have established your practice’s specific needs, be sure to consider the plethora of technological tools available before accepting any problems as something to endure. There may be a creative and cost-effective tool available out there to make your practice more efficient and your patients even more satisfied with their healthcare experiences.